Saturday, April 2, 2011

Things I have learned sense I have found out that I have Breast Cancer.

First of all, I know this anyway and I think you do too, "Life is short." You here this phrase from the Older generation as you grow up. It may be from your Parents. It maybe from your Grandparents. But at certain times in your life this phrase will ring true and you will stop and ponder on your own life and possible evaluate what you have done with your life so far. You will think back at moments that may have been great experiences that have change the course of your life. But then you will think of experiences that weren't the greatest that also changed your life. But all together it is your life. I am so blessed and grateful that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This Gospel has influenced my life for the better. This blog in not about the history of my life, but just about a certain time in my life when I found out that I have Cancer. I can't remember the exact date when I found out. I was a few months ago. But I want to say that certain aspects in my life changed, and somethings in my life have not changed. My life as a member of the LDS Church have not changed. What has changed is some of my priorities I have set for myself. I thought that I was doing ok job with my diet, and to find out, I am not. I turned to Family members and reading to help to be a better eater. When I help myself I also help my family with their diets. I know I will never be perfect, but at least I am make a better effort at making a better diet. I am also trying to be closer to my children and trying to help them a bit more. I am not the best Mom at all. I just know that if I ask in my prayers too Heavenly Father specifically, to help be to be a better mother to my children, Heavenly Father will bless me. They Key is to be more specific as to what we ask for and we will receive answers to our prayers. It was about 4 years ago, I asked HF to help me with a choice that I made. I chose to work on my Families Genealogy. This choice changed my life and my Families lives. I have been blessed well beyond what I hoped for to accomplishing. I have been doing Genealogy for my children like my mother had done me and my brothers and sister. What she did and what I am doing now is for my children and their children. But knowing that I have Cancer now has change this Genealogy goal of mine. So far I have been on the collecting phase and I still have some goals in that area still to do. I don't know if those goals will get done now. One example is I want to put together some personal histories of some ancestor through time lines, that I have put together, and that take up so much time. That type of endeavor is far too big of a goal to tackle, I feel that my time here is shorter then I think. My Family needs me more then me finishing these Histories. I feel I need to shift my priorities towards my family more. I have tried to split my responsibilities between my family and home, my Church responsibilities, and Genealogy for my Decedents and Ancestors. It has been between my Family and home and church up until about 4 years ago. It has been exciting to work on Genealogy. Getting those inspirations and being directed by Heavenly Father has been accelerating at times and rewarding. I would recommend to anyone to purse their Genealogy. Heavenly Father wants us to connect out Families together, so that we can be together in the next life. I feel that Heavenly father wants us to concentrate on our family members that are here with us now. So I am changing some of my goals now, to spend more time in each of their lives. By showing how much that I love them will influence them in the right direction in their lives. I really do not want to cut myself off from each family member by doing Genealogy. Doing Genealogy means spending alot of time on my computer doing research and scanning. I feel I am missing out on special moments in their lives. So I now need to be more specific on what I do for Genealogy and do not create big jobs that take a lot of my time away from them. I need to go for now but I would like to add more to this blog later. I say good luck to myself and you. Be grateful for all of your Blessing.
May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment